Advantages To A Truck Driving Job In Iraq
It is not as easy as it once was to get a truck driving job in Iraq because some contractors are now coming home. This in no way means that there aren't any jobs left. A truck driving job in Iraq is not glamorous, and many grow weary while working there and don't choose to stay longer than their contracted time.
There are certain advantages to a truck driving job in Iraq that aren't that evident at first glance. Some of the reasons people take a truck driving job in Iraq are:
* More money - Obviously, the pay scale is higher because there is danger in working in an area like Iraq. A truck driving job in Iraq can pay up to three times as much as can be earned in the U.S. in the same timeframe. Days usually last twelve hours, and the work schedule might be seven days per week, but the rate of pay is very good.
* Easier to save money - A truck driving job in Iraq doesn't provide opportunities to spend money because there aren't many things to purchase in a war torn country. A truck driving job in Iraq usually comes with food and lodging included. This provides an opportunity to save a great deal of money.
* Time traded for security - Someone who isn't attached can work on a truck driving job in Iraq for a couple of years and come home with a nice nest egg to build a home or start a business.
* Tax break - While working in Iraq, payments of $80,000 or under per year are clear of income tax.
When looking for a truck driving job in Iraq, you might look for employment through:
* Halliburton or its subsidiary KBR
* Critical Intervention Services
* General Dynamics
* Oil companies
* The U.S. Foreign Service
These are not all the companies you can contact for a truck driving job in Iraq of course, but they will get your job hunt started.
Opportunities don't last for a long time in situations like Iraq. A truck driving job in Iraq today is easy to find, but things change rapidly and people from other countries are vying for those jobs, too. As the saying goes, "the gold rush may be over soon." Political opinion can change and many of the contracts that are in place now might be rejected, null, and void shortly.
If a truck driving job in Iraq is your desire, you should be trying to find the employers that are hiring right now. If you do not have your CDL, you should arrange to get in school and get the training while jobs are available. You might want to find out how much remaining time is on the contract of any company you intend to take a truck driving job in Iraq from before you commit to the work.
Be sure to have your passport up to date so there will be no last minute problems when you get ready to leave for your truck driving job in Iraq.
Related ArticlesTruck Driving Jobs In Iraq – All The Statistics One Should Know A lot of people are opting for truck driving jobs in Iraq these days mainly because these jobs are really challenging and adventurous. These jobs are new entrants to the entire market scene, and they ...